Do you love the excitement of a fast-paced, high-growth organization? If so, a career at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses will allow you to serve almost all dimensions of the health system from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services and those who supply the cures. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
As an Ideation Leader, you will be responsible for identifying, creating, and developing a portfolio of new medical cost savings opportunities within the area of Durable Medical Equipment Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) on behalf of our clients. This position will assess new opportunities by leveraging insights from data, dashboards, tools, policies, industry trends, and by soliciting input from a broad network of experts across Optum. This highly trained industry expert will work with internal and external stakeholders to determine opportunities for growth within our core payment integrity businesses and is responsible for savings delivery through deployment.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Identify, create, and develop a portfolio of cost savings initiatives that drive specific and measurable results for assigned clients while providing timely and meaningful client updates
* Perform and participate in iterative analytical, experimental, investigative and other fact-finding work in support of concept development
* Establish strong matrixed relationships with internal stakeholders to define, align, and deliver payment integrity initiatives in support of assigned clients
* Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, approaches, and/or products
* Recommend changes to current product development procedures based on market research and new trends
* Industry thought leader and subject matter expert for Durable Medical Equipment Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) and related trends, pricing, and cost management initiatives
* Lead concepts / projects from conceptualization to completion
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Maintains working knowledge of CMS rules and regulations and knowledge of DMEPOS and billing codes (e.g. CPT, ICD-9/10 coding, HCPCS) and related services
* 5 years of experience auditing, billing, and/or coding claims within the area of DMEPOS
* Highly collaborative and consultative style with ability to establish credibility quickly with all levels of management across multiple functional areas
* Self-managed, self-starter with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects and meet tight delivery timelines
* Strong project management approach with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Exceptional presentation, communication and negotiation skills
* 3 years' experience in claims adjudication or revenue cycle management with specialization in DMEPOS
* 5 years' experience in the health care industry (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) with deep exposure to Payment Integrity
* 2 years' experience working in a matrix and highly adaptive environment handling tight deadlines
* Proficiency with SQL, SAS and/or other statistical programs
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.