Heathers Manor Assisted Living, a long-standing member of the Crystal, Minnesota community is looking for caring, fun and energetic part-time
Dining Room Servers to join our team!
As a Transforming Age community, Heathers Manor is comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members. Our workplace emphasizes serving others, team work, our dedication to hospitality and customer service, vigorous innovation and integrity in everything we do.
To learn more about Heathers Manor and see where you could be working, check out our website here!
As a member of our AMAZING Culinary Services team, our Dining Room Servers are responsible for the following:
Education and/or Equivalent Experience
- Setting tables in dining room for meal service
- On occasion, setting up and preparing food items
- Keeping the food and beverage area organized and fully-stocked
- Getting to know the menu for each meal to assure all items are available and to answer the residents' questions
- Staying on top of menu changes, specials, and special requests
- Keeping the dining room neat, clean and tidy at all times
- Being willing and able to help residents with any meal service assistance they might request or require
- Greeting guests, informing them of specials and changes; answering questions and making suggestions
- Processing resident orders to ensure items are prepared properly and served promptly
- Maintaining a positive, outgoing and upbeat attitude throughout service and while interacting with residents and coworkers
- Following guidelines for uniforms, hair, cleanliness, and food handling
- Providing additional assistance to your team as needed
- Promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility
- Must be a minimum of 14 years of age; if under 18, parental and school permission is required
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Willing to work cooperatively as a member of the kitchen/dining staff team and be able to respond to verbal instructions and directions
- Enjoy working with older adults and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be patient, pleasant and understanding in relating to the residents and staff
We have fun at work. We laugh a lot! We work hard. We care deeply about our mission, community and each other. That's why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We're excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.