What is the opportunity?
The RBC US Wealth Management Operations group is hiring! As an Operations Associate in our Internal Control & Reconciliation team, you will provide the necessary support to ensure the RBC's core books and records accounts are reconciled, aged, and exceptions escalated in alignment with RBC's policies and regulatory requirements. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for providing accurate processing support for reconciliations housed within the Internal Control & Reconciliation department's Proactive and TE automated reconciliation systems and/or completed manually outside the automated reconciliation system. In addition, you will liaise and provide customer service support for other teams within Operations and other organizational units requiring help with research, problem solving, and securing information related to the core books and records reconciliations the department supports.
If you are looking for a new challenge and a rewarding career, we want to hear from you!
What will you do?
* Accurately record data for vault counts and verify the resolution of vault count breaks in the Broadridge ProActive Reconciliation System. Support weekly, monthly and quarterly physical vault counts.
* Manually update reconciliation exception age and market value as required and in alignment with established regulatory requirements. Review and release system reconciliations requiring manual intervention.
* Delegate or re-assign reconciliation breaks to appropriate department owner. Consult with reconciliation break owners to facilitate break resolution research.
* Consult with Operations and other organizational teams requiring information regarding reconciliations supported within the Broadridge Proactive and TE Reconciliation Systems.
* Provide accurate development, distribution, aging, and escalation support for reconciliations completed outside ICR's Proactive and TE reconciliations systems.
* Generate and review regulatory required Dealer, REPO and Stock Loan/Stock Borrow confirms. Track and follow-up with Contra Parties and RBC working groups as required on Dealer, REPO and Stock Loan/Stock Borrow confirms.
* Maintain historical retention and perform audits of Control Letters for Mutual Funds, Depositories, and others as assigned.
* Provide implementation help with new reconciliations, industry initiatives, and internal department efficiencies and improvements. Assist with ensuring department procedures and documents are accurate and up to date.
What do you need to succeed?
* 4-year degree from an accredited university (or equivalent) OR high school diploma (or equivalent) AND at least 2 years of job-related experience.
* Effective problem identification, analytical, and resolution skills along with proficient computer skills in Windows-based software products.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
* 4-year degree from an accredited university in business, finance or related field.
* 1+ year business, finance, customer service and/or accounting/bookkeeping experience.
* Securities or financial services industry audit support experience. Experience with Broadridge processing systems.
* Working knowledge of SEC and/or FINRA books and records control requirements.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
* Collaboration: We win as One RBC
* Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
* Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
* Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 60 South 6th Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Hourly
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/31/2019
Req ID: 181952
Ad Code(s): None
Associated topics: cajero, client service, courtesy, courtesy clerk, customer, customer service representative, deliver, sell, seller, shop