Pace Analytical is looking for an IDEA Laboratory Inorganic Chemist for our Minneapolis, MN lab.
This position requires an experienced analyst capable of performing a wide variety of bench and/or instrumental procedures. Plans and conducts work requiring mastery of specialized techniques or ingenuity in selecting and evaluating approaches to unforeseen problems. Applies an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standardscientific techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in makingadaptation of standard methods and techniques. Will plan and execute independently assigned tasks such as: method development, validation and transfer activities; work with senior personnel to develop more efficient ways of performing routine analytical methods; work across analytical techniques to provide assistance as needed within the group; proactively seek out potential solutions to issues; provide analytical support to the network as requested.Responsibilities
- Ability to learn and adapt to new methods, protocols and techniques.
- Ability to make standards accurately and efficiently.
- Working with internal customer to agree on product and time frame.
- Performing non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Performing calibration of instrumentation within method specific QC requirements.
- Performing routine maintenance of instrumentation and troubleshooting on multiple systems.
- Compiling data and computes results on a variety of scientific procedures and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of all pertinent protocols and instrumentations in a variety of areas.
- Ability to develop new methods and modify existing methods to improve techniques, procedures and results to meet client needs and company productivity.
- Extensive knowledge of report/document writing.
- Ability to work closely with other division of Pace to create documentation and train for complete transfer of our product to the customer.
- Travel to support network initiatives as needed, up to one or more weeks per month.
- Promoting cooperation and teamwork among staff.
- Following Pace policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelors degree (B.A/B.S.) in chemistry or science related from a four-year college or university; plus, five or more years related experience; or 10 plus years related laboratory experience with no degree; in depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas discrete analyzers (Konelab, Smartchem, etc.), IC, BOD, ICP, ICPMS, Segmented Flow Analysis (Austoria Seal), Flow Injection Analysis (Lachat).
- Physical Demands Employees are expected to meet the physical demands representative of the job functions listed in this document for the applicable job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job title. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Work Environment Work environment characteristics listed in this document are representative of (but not all inclusive of) what an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions related to this job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job title based on this work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and able write simple correspondence. Can effectively understand instructions, communicate questions or issues and present information in one-on-one situations to others.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to discern the level of confidentiality required and maintains confidentiality of all information exposed to. Deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Associated topics: ceramic, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber