At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the CRPL located in Woodbury, MN. Here, you go.
This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program and is not benefit eligible. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Woodbury, MN you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The primary focus of this position is to support R&D activities in the precision web processing area. Typical lab duties would involve setting up laboratory experiments, collecting and analyzing data and communicating results. Other duties include basic literature and patent searching in a research subject area. Technical Aides will assist the 3M technical staff in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
* Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
* Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in Mechanical Engineering. Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
* Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
* Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
* Internship or other work experience in the environmental field
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-motivated and results-oriented
Location: Woodbury, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.